Is a Thermal Imaging search needful of a warrant?

mmotyka at lsil.com mmotyka at lsil.com
Tue Feb 20 10:41:52 PST 2001

>On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jim Choate wrote:
>

>>Is a visible light search needful of a warrant? If so then why is the
>>frequency of the radiation an issue?
>>

>The capacity of most humans to see in visible light wavelengths is
>well-documented, and this capacity forms part of our expectation of
>what is and is not private.
>
>People erect privacy fences *BECAUSE* those fences cannot be seen
>through in the visible-light spectrum.  In so doing, they express
>an intent for the stuff behind those fences to be private.
>
>*sigh.*  I suppose it would freak their cookies, and might even
>prompt a search-warrant, if someone installed steel plates in
>his walls so that the impulse-radar was baffled.
>
>                                Bear

Are you shielding from FMJ rounds or radar?

Foil-faced insulation should do just fine. Time to check my walls.

And I doubt if having a radar-proof house or a Faraday room is probable
cause for a warrant.

And while we're on the subject, anyone know where to get Levis and
t-shirts with some aluminized fibers, the mofo's are starting to deploy
this shit at airports aren't they?

Mike