The CIA for Kids?

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Tue Feb 20 10:40:15 PST 2001

At 11:43 AM -0800 2/19/01, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Matthew Gaylor wrote:
>
>>The CIA for Kids?
>>
>>The Central Intelligence Agency now has a web site for children.  And
>>I'm not kidding. http://www.cia.gov/cia/ciakids/index.html
>>
><clip>
>  >
>>And nary a ripple surfaced last year by the mainstream media when it
>>was revealed that the US Army's Psychological Operations Units do
>>Internships at CNN and other news outlets.
>
>Have you noticed that General dynamics owns General Electric, who
>in turn own NBC and RCA?  So how do we like getting large chunks of
>our news broadcasts and pop music from one of the government's major
>arms dealers?

No, I _hadn't_ noticed that General Dynamic owns General Electric!
Wow. Have you notified the Wall Street Journal and other such outlets?

Even stranger, GD has a market cap of $14 billion, while GE has a
market cap of $475 billion, so this new ownership arrangement is
itself a news item.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns