[Re: [Sovereignty v. global justice [was... Mohammed gets Miranda]]]

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Feb 20 05:33:47 PST 2001

On 19 Feb 2001, LUIS VILDOSOLA wrote:

> Your response raises more questions for me Jim

And me as well :)

> like:
> -what is property?

A figment of human psychology. My dog certainly doesn't use the same
definition of 'property' that I do, so it's clearly not 'universal'.

> -how can I appropriate of the cleanest air this world has to offer?

I don't understand this question, poor wording.

I think you're asking how to make sure the world is a clean place. As long
as humans must live on the planet full time I doubt it'll ever happen.
Outside of resource issues and looking at the political/psychological
aspects, Two party (ie consumer/producer) systems are inherently unstable
(it's why nobody wants to answer the question "where does the market
stability come from in order to create the free market"). So the answer
would seem to be diversity (ie vote with your feet).

> -what property will give me quality of life and not take it from me?

I don't think property will give you that. The only measure of 'quality of
life' I've ever seen is 'security through freedom'.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com