Trolling for Conspirators

Daniel J. Boone djb at gci.net
Mon Feb 19 18:59:43 PST 2001

Oh goody goody goody!  It must be my turn to do one of these!

Some pissant lazy-assed cop masquerading as "kristy lenard" and/or "monroe"
wrote:

>is there any way to purchase a scanner that will pick up cell phones?
>if so, please tell me, i've searched everywhere!
>thanks, monroe.

For the benefit of the audience, most of whom rightly won't give a flying
fuck, let it be said that listening to a cell phone conversation on a
scanner is under many circumstances a federal crime.  The drooling
mouthbreathers who seem to be masquerading as federal prosecutors these days
are therefore likely to consider providing information on how to commit that
crime to be some form of indictable offense such as conspiracy,
racketeering, or buggery on the high seas.  Accordingly, no one with more
intelligence than your common variety garden slug is likely to be terribly
responsive to your public request in this forum.

Interestingly, a person who really had "searched everwhere" would have
turned up thousands of pertinent web pages.  They might even have discovered
that scanners manufactured prior to a certain year were specifically
designed to cover cell phone frequencies.  That vital information in hand,
what giant leap of mentation would be required to investigate the
availability of such used scanners on common internet auction sites?

But, of course, a lazy cop looking for conspirators or a lazy journalist
looking for a story would rather troll the list.  Piss off!

-- Daniel