Is a Thermal Imaging search needful of a warrant?

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Mon Feb 19 17:54:45 PST 2001

On Mon, 19 Feb 2001, Jim Choate wrote:

>Is a visible light search needful of a warrant? If so then why is the
>frequency of the radiation an issue?

The capacity of most humans to see in visible light wavelengths is
well-documented, and this capacity forms part of our expectation of
what is and is not private.

People erect privacy fences *BECAUSE* those fences cannot be seen
through in the visible-light spectrum.  In so doing, they express
an intent for the stuff behind those fences to be private.

*sigh.*  I suppose it would freak their cookies, and might even
prompt a search-warrant, if someone installed steel plates in
his walls so that the impulse-radar was baffled.

				Bear