Slashdot | Web Standards Project: Upgrade, Or Miss Out

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Sun Feb 18 07:27:33 PST 2001

Freedom of speech isn't an issue for Cypherpunks? Hijacking the technical
standards process for economic ends isn't a cpunk issue? Being told what
software to run on your computer isn't a cpunk issue? Producers hijacking
the free market process and 'managing' consumers isn't a cpunk issue?

Adam, the truth is you're a cryptographer and you wouldn't know 'punk' if
it walked up and bit you in the ass.

On Sun, 18 Feb 2001, Adam Back wrote:

> Why should we care about this?  It might be vaguely interesting,
> but it has nothing to do with cypherpunks?   Right?

> On Sun, Feb 18, 2001 at 08:12:55AM -0600, Jim Choate wrote:
> >
> > http://slashdot.org/articles/01/02/17/2152248.shtml

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com