It's 2001, so it must be time for A Modest Filtering Proposal

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Sat Feb 17 19:56:16 PST 2001

On Sat, 17 Feb 2001, Eric Murray wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 17, 2001 at 12:06:13PM -0800, Tim May wrote:

> > (Choate can presumably be counted on to start foaming about how I am
> > proposing censorship and that if I would like such a service I should
> > build one myself. Happily, I won't see his foamings.)

Bullshit, the ONLY objection that I have EVER had was proposals that
imposed policies or operating process on ALL operators OR(!!!) imposed
filtering on the backbone. Neither of these will I tolerate.

This neither effects the backbone nor is there somebody trying to tell me
what to do with my property (ie SSZ).

> SSZ's CDR web page (einstein.ssz.com/cdr/index.html#) says:
>
> <The idea was to have multiple remailers, usualy using majordomo and
> <procmail, that members could subscribe to and individual remailer
> <operators could impose just about whatever type of moderation policy
> <they desired.
>
> which is what I'm doing here.

And I applaud your effort. This is exactly(!) why the backbone needs to
remain clean and unfiltered, so that INDIVIDUALS may decide what is in
their best interest versus some fucking kabala with its own agenda.

When you're up and ready to go let me know and I'll add you to my backbone
feed. Also, please post a reasonably detailed email with your policy,
suitable for framing of course, so that I can update the SSZ homepage. I'd
also post any details of your process (ie scripts) if you wish to share
them.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com