Taxes on hard drives

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Fri Feb 16 22:36:33 PST 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, petro wrote:

> >On Thu, 15 Feb 2001, Ken Brown wrote:
> >>You guys just need to get back to the big city :-)
> >
> >not true.  in fact, i would argue that the difficulty of finding
> >good music is widespread throughout the states.
> >i attribute this to the clueless, braindead fools who are governed
> >by the radio...and we all know the stupidity of the people who
> >control the radio stations.
>
> 	So what you are complaining about is market forces?

When the market is "what a bunch of guys in suits decide is what I should
be able to buy" -- YES!

The reason unauthorized copying takes place to the extent it does is the
absolute disreguard for "the market" that those making the decisions on
what is available and/or what is promoted have for those "market forces".

When was the last time that actual supply and demand actually made a
difference in how much you had to pay for a movie or DVD?  Who else are
you going to get it from?

The bootleg market is the only real competition these conglomerates have.

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."