Taxes on hard drives

Brent Mattis alphabeta121 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 15 11:34:33 PST 2001

I seriously doubt unbreakable snooping software will be made a legal
requirement in the next few years.  I mean, if you switch to say, BSD, who
are they going to impose the task of adding features, like 'rights
management' on?
All i'm trying to say is its pretty easy to screw over any software gimmicks
they come up with, but levying a fine against you when you by a computer?
thats crap.  And even if they impose a tax anyway, who is to stop them from
imposing the dreaded "snooping software" later, under some different
pretenses.
alphabeta