Slashdot | European Record Industry Goes After Personal Computers

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Wed Feb 14 18:27:16 PST 2001

On Wed, 14 Feb 2001, atek3 wrote:

>What a bunch of lame ass looters, at least metallica pretends to take the
>moral high ground.  These pieces of shit want to levy idiotic taxes because
>"its simple"
>Screw theses leftists.  Articles like this remind me to pray every night
>that I don't wake up in the People's Republic of Europe.
>Bleh,
>Atek

There's a lot to be said for "simple", especially when it would
require invasive (and expensive) monitoring to implement a per-
song download fee.

BTW; I don't generally download music: I tried it and the sound
quality of MP3 is crap.  I don't use windows; the engineering
quality of the product is crap.  But I'd still rather pay taxes
on hard drives than have snooping software installed in Windows.
See, given the choice, I'd rather have taxes rather than snooping
software accepted as "normal". -- At least for now.

				Bear