Slashdot | European Record Industry Goes After Personal Computers

atek3 atek3 at gmx.net
Wed Feb 14 16:50:46 PST 2001

What a bunch of lame ass looters, at least metallica pretends to take the
moral high ground.  These pieces of shit want to levy idiotic taxes because
"its simple"
Screw theses leftists.  Articles like this remind me to pray every night
that I don't wake up in the People's Republic of Europe.
Bleh,
Atek

>Rock groups like Bvhse Onkelz are skeptical about the value of computer
fees, but they want >them anyway.

>Founded in 1980, the group soon became infamous for expletive-filled songs
on subjects >ranging from drug- dealing and street-fighting to harassing
foreign immigrants. Indeed, some >music critics have charged that the group
harbored sympathy for right-wing, neo-Nazi >extremists, a charge adamantly
denied.

>"I don't think fees on computer equipment will do anything to stop the
bootleggers," said Mr. >Weidner, the group's lead composer, adding that his
group would probably get little added >revenue. "Despite that, I would be in
favor of the fees, because at least they have the virtue of .being simple."