New stuff with Envelope Mail (fwd)

Jim Choate ravage at EINSTEIN.ssz.com
Tue Feb 13 17:58:10 PST 2001

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com
                           -====~~mm-'`-```-mm --'-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 9 Feb 2001 22:09:07 -0800 (PST)
From: Bram Cohen <bram at gawth.com>
To: envelopemail at egroups.com, cryptography at c2.net,
    People who supposedly write code <coderpunks at toad.com>
Subject: New stuff with Envelope Mail

I've done a bunch more work on Envelope Mail, as always, the latest info
is at -

http://gawth.com/bram/envelope_mail/

New is actual code, complete with test code. Plans are next to write a
patch for BoboMail implementing the dummy version of the crypto API.

I could use immediate help on the following things -

A logo - I'm incapable of graphic design

A non-dummy version of the crypto API - the dummy one makes it
excruciatingly clear how the real one should work and gives a strong
indication of how it might be implemented. I'd make the 'real' one myself,
but, you know, you're not supposed to do that, and I'm trying to play
nice, despite the crypto community being remarkably unhelpful in this
regard.

-Bram Cohen

"Markets can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent"
                                        -- John Maynard Keynes