Please delete one of the references in your archive

Bill Stewart bill.stewart at pobox.com
Tue Feb 13 14:53:26 PST 2001

At 04:53 PM 2/13/01 EST, Ponnavolu at aol.com wrote:
>Dear Sir/Madam,
>
>I would greatly appreciate it if you delete a letter
> in your archive with my name on it.
>I would greatly appreciate it if you can do this favor for me.  Thank you
very much.

>Kishore Ponnavolu

Dear Mr/Ms Ponnavolu -

The cypherpunks mailing list runs on multiple servers.
There are several subscribers around the world who maintain archives
of the list, plus anything that's ever been on the web tends to
be copied in google.com's caches, even if it disappears off the
original site.

While you can't change the past, if you would like to change
the future's view of the past, you'll need to contact the
administrators of the actual archives.

Also, your request to be removed from the archives
was mailed to the list, and it will therefore appear in the
web archives of the list, and be cached at google and other places.

				Thanks!
					Bill
Bill Stewart, bill.stewart at pobox.com