SportsHollywood - Early Edition

Sports Hollywood info at sportshollywood.com
Mon Feb 12 12:42:02 PST 2001

SportsHollywood.com
   Newsletter
   Early Edition
For the week of Monday, February 12, 2000

"He's the only one here to play defense."
--Allen Iverson on Dikembe Mutombo at the All-Star Game.

STARTING LINE
A third crack as been found in the rail system that will
support movable parts of Miller Park's retractable roof, but
stadium officials describe the problem as minor.  The
Milwaukee Brewers are scheduled to begin play there this
spring...

... Anymore cracks on Miller's roof and you'll get a genuine
draft...bada boom! - Mel Jones!

WAY FUNNY --

Young couples, caught having sex, at work, by security cameras!
As seen on 20/20, Entertainment Tonight, Sally Jessy and more:

Click here now:
http://www.vidbidness-partners.com/t.asp?id=1067

HOLLYWOOD SPORTS
OUR FIRST TELEVISION SHOW!
That's right - SportsHollywood is proud to announce that
this summer - Ed Marinaro will lead an elite unit of Las
Vegas Detectives as the world's biggest ass-kicker in the
new USA Network television series ROPE SQUAD.  But don't
worry...Ed's not leaving us, because the folks from
SportsHollywood will actually be producing the TV show with
Ed!  Just think - exclusive behind-the-scenes scoop,
breaking news from the set and, of course, Ed's regular (and
much-requested) SportsHollywood column about - what else? -
sports...and Hollywood.

And how cool is this?  When SportsHollywood needed the
inside track on finding out how the real Vegas cops
operate...one of our long-time SportsHollywood subscribers
stepped up to the plate to get Ed the opportunity to spend a
few days with the real-life Vegas crime busters themselves.
You gotta love that SportsHollywood family.  You rock, DH!

So sign up for the newsletter and get all the gory details
of Ed's adventures with the Vegas cops this week.  Let's
just say that there's a little tale about a drug bust, some
go-go boots and a piercing....
http://www.comedyontap.com/daily

SPORTSHOLLYWOOD EXCLUSIVE: Kathryn Hancock is possibly the
most beautiful woman ever interviewed by SportsHollywood,
and definitely the first who could have knocked us on our
behinds in a game of backyard football. Kathryn, who will be
debuting in the soap opera PASSIONS in March, grew up in
South Carolina as the only girl on her street who'd play
football with the boys. With Kathryn to tackle you can
understand why football is so popular in that area. See her at:
http://www.sportshollywood.com/askkathryn.html

BASKETBALL
Calling the financial situation unfair to owner Michael
Heisley, NBA commissioner David Stern gave the Vaqncouver
Grizzlies permission to explore a move to another city. St.
Louis, New Orleans and Nashville, Tenn., have been mentioned
as possible destinations for the team...

... Those cities all want professional basketball teams...
but they might take the Grizzlies, instead...

BASEBALL
Robert Person of the Philadelphia Phillies was hogtied by
police, who said the enraged pitcher tried to kick out the
windows of a police car after his arrest in city's nightclub
district...

... He shouldn't have tried the high kick - he should have
tried escaping out of the stretch...

TENNIS
Sunday's episode of "The Simpsons" featured tennis stars
Andre Agassi, Pete Sampras, Venus Williams and Serena
Williams...

... My favorite character on the show was the bald one with
the yellow complexion - not Homer, I mean Agassi...

ANNA KOURNIKOVA'S BACK!
http://www.comedyontap.com/dailyhump/annak1.htm

XFL
The XFL wasn't as big a turn-on in Week 2, as the football
league drew only half as many viewers as it did for the
debut broadcast on NBC...

... Pretty soon it'll be the ex-XFL...

The XFL's Memphis Maniax aren't changing their name despite
criticism that it is a slap at the mentally ill.  The
president of the National Mental Health Association says,
"The name Maniax is demeaning to Americans who are affected
by mental illness each year."  The Maniax are one of eight
teams in the XFL, the new football league owed by the World
Wrestling Federation and NBC...

... They really should change the name to avoid offending
the majority of their viewers...

THIS WEEK IN SPORTS HISTORY
In 1999, the San Diego Padres announced that country music
star Garth Brooks would attend spring training as a
non-roster player...

... Talk about a screwed up organization - they had Garth
Brooks playing outfield while Roseanne sang the National
Anthem...

In 2000, Tom Landry, the stoic, expressionless Dallas
Cowboys coach who wore a business suit and fedora and led
America's Team to five Super Bowls, died...

... How could they tell...?

PENALTY BOX
In Florida, O.J. Simpson surrendered to authorities to face
charges that he during a road-rage argument in December.
Simpson is charged with burglary of a car and misdemeanor
battery of motorist Jeffrey Pattinson...

... You'd think OJ would have learned by now not to cut in
front of anybody...

For the entire Offensive Line:
http://www.sportshollywood.com/shnews.html

Akili Smith, the Cincinnati Bengals' second-year
quarterback, was arrested in San Diego Sunday for
investigation of drunken driving.  Smith was pulled over for
driving the wrong way down a one-way street.  He told
officers he was looking for friends...

... You know, where everybody knows your name...
YOU'RE OUT:
"I'll be back."
-Heavyweight boxer Peter McNeeley, five days after being
pummeled in his fight with Mike Tyson.

The Dumbest Sports Quotes of All Time:
http://www.sportshollywood.com/dumbquotes.html

EDITORS NOTE: I've met our new SportsHollywood babe, and let
me say this. OOOFTA! She gave me a really nice bottle of
cologne and every time I spray it on (every morning) I
fantasize about her and me, baby.... Mmmm -- Rodney Lee

<<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>>
* To remove yourself from this mailing list, point your browser to:
http://inbound.postmastergeneral.com/remove?OnTap:13
* Enter your email address (cypherpunks at toad.com) in the field
provided and click "Unsubscribe". The mailing list ID is "OnTap:13".

OR...

* Forward a copy of this message to OnTap.13 at lists.postmastergeneral.com
with the word remove in the subject line.
<mailto:OnTap.13 at lists.postmastergeneral.com?subject=remove>

This message was sent to address cypherpunks at toad.com