Formal apology (RE: Crypto McCarthyism ...thoughts, gentlemen?)

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Feb 10 21:49:01 PST 2001

At 10:16 PM -0600 2/10/01, Aimee Farr wrote:

>Declan, I appreciate your bringing this matter to my attention. My sincere
>apologies to both you, the cypherpunk community and subscribers. My comments
>were tongue-in-cheek, a friendly remark regarding Choate's stealth-linkage,
>and his remarks toward women's undergarments, which I found humorous. My
>comment in regard to "pointy questions" was an attempt to give any
>respondents a wide berth in their replies, in recognition of the fact I
>could be asking the wrong questions, and was receptive of any insight.

It sounds like it may be an alien.

>It
>was also a reference the number of mysterious queries that flow across the
>list. My reference to Gentlemen was also not meant disrespectfully, but as a
>subtle query.

Bizarre.

>Nevertheless, I came across as abrasive and offended members of this forum.
>_Ladies_ & Gentlemen, you have my apologies for both my breach of decorum
>and disrespect. Such was certainly not my intention.

We should kill it before it multiplies. No human being speaks in such
a stilted, phony way.

>You all have my admiration and respect, which is why I posed my questions to
>this distinguished group. (I am preparing to debate these issues in a
>private and hostile forum against experienced opposition. With a few notable
>exceptions, like Declan, certain viewpoints and experiences are
>under-represented in traditional source banks.)

"Captain, my source banks indicate abnormal readings. I suggest we
disconnect immediately."

>Excuse my long-windedness. I am trying to convey my intent and sincerity,
>and make a public, searchable record of my disrepute, my Declan-bitchslap
>and my apology; not to make excuses for my inappropriate, and inexcusable
>behavior.

This chick can be for real. It must be another troll.

--Tim May
--
Timothy C. May         tcmay at got.net        Corralitos, California
Personal: b.1951/UCSB/Intel '74-'86/retired/investor/motorcycles/guns