archive request

Reese reeza at flex.com
Fri Feb 9 20:37:52 PST 2001

A coupla' years ago, there was an ongoing thread regarding the "know your
neighbor" crap.

Someone, Anonymous if memory serves, posted a rather eloquent address on
what he could reasonably be expected to reveal regarding crimes he was a
witness to, but how his memory would fail more and more, the further and
further questions deviated from what was relevant to any crime that had
been witnessed.

A scenario described, a next-door neighbor "Joe" and the lady who lived
there with him.  Was the lady his wife?  Dunno, haven't seen a marriage
certificate.  Was "Joe" really "Joe"'s name?  Dunno, haven't seen birth
certificates or other forms of ID.  What does "Joe" do for a living?
Dunno, I go to my own job in the morning, don't follow Joe to his.

That sort of thing.

If anyone remembers this, has it archived or knows just what the url is at
inet-one, I'd be much obliged, I've been searching for an hour and can't
find shit.  I thought I had it saved on my hd, too.

Reese