Brit Intel Telling Tales

John Young jya at pipeline.com
Fri Feb 9 11:41:14 PST 2001

9 February 2001, 2:35 PM EST. Cryptome has just received
word that the British government is telling UK newspapers that
an arrangement has been reached with Cryptome's ISP,
Verio, to yank "Enquiry: The Killing Years in Ireland":

  http://cryptome.org/fru-walshaw.htm

We have not heard from Verio, and the file remains available.

The British government is threatening to injunct any UK
publisher intending to reveal information in the file which
was received from an anonymous source and names a
controversial intelligence agent runner in Northern Ireland.
The named officer is the center of a major investigation
of orchestrated murders assisted by British intel.

The Brits are telling newspapers that publication on Cryptome
does not mean the information is widely available, thus justifying
British publication.

Cryptome will not remove the file except in response
to a US court order because it is our belief that nothing
in the file is illegal under US law.