SportsHollywood

Sports Hollywood info at sportshollywood.com
Wed Feb 7 17:06:01 PST 2001

SportsHollywood.com
   Newsletter
 For the week of Wednesday, February 7, 2000

"It is a popular illness."
--International Olympic Committee (IOC) medical chief
Alexandre de Merode on the high numbers of top-class
competitors taking steroid-based drugs for asthma at
Olympics (six times greater than at last year's Sydney Games).

STARTING LINE
Shaquille O'Neal will miss the NBA All-Star game because of
a sore foot.  The L.A. center says, "Hopefully I can come
back soon.  I'm a big 18-wheeler and one of my wheels ain't
working, which means I can't go. But I'm getting air in the
tire."...

... How about fixing the drive train on the free throw
mechanism?

HOLLYWOOD SPORTS
EXCLUSIVE: A report from our Sundance Film Festival Gala and
Police Raid in Park City, Utah. A Happy Place Productions
and your very own SportsHollywood teamed up to throw one of
the most talked-about parties at the festival (and at the
police department). You may have even read or heard about
this one in the national press (can you say "Temporary
Restraining Order?" That's how big it was). It was covered
by everyone from Entertainment Weekly to CNN to Tiger
Beat... and probably soon on Court TV...

But here's what they didn't tell you....
http://www.sportshollywood.com/sundance.html

During the New York Knicks' victory over the Heat in Miami,
referee Joe Forte ejected singer / songwriter Jimmy Buffett
from the stands for using profanity...

... So he got drunk and got screwed - what's new?

... They gotta stop serving Margaritas before the games...

NBA
Clifford Robinson of the Phoenix Suns was arrested Monday on
charges of driving under the influence and marijuana
possession...

... No comment from Robinson... just giggling...

GOLF
John Daly had a 9 on his first hole Saturday in the Pebble
Beach National Pro-Am. Three holes into the day, he was
already 10 over. Only four birdies on his last six holes
enabled him to finish with a 79. "It was just weird," he
said, shaking his head. "Ten over after three holes..."

... And .08 over later that afternoon...

XFL
Billing itself as tougher, dirtier and meaner than the NFL,
The XFL is started its first season...

... It's so desperate for attention that it won't be long
before the XFL employs murderers, rapists and drug
addicts... wait -- the NFL already does that...

TENNIS
I think I've seen enough of Anna Kournikova... well, not
really, but how about Jennifer Lopez's butt for a change?
http://www.comedyontap.com/dailyhump/annak1.htm

THIS WEEK IN SPORTS HISTORY
In 2000, Dennis Rodman joined the Dallas Mavericks, paying
him about $465,000 for the remainder of the season...

... Plus extra if he would cheerlead as a Maverick Girl, too...

George Foster became baseball's first "two million dollar
man" today in 1982 when he signed a five year, ten million
dollar free agent deal with the New York Mets...

... Ten mil - or as A-Rod calls it -'beer money'...

PENALTY BOX
"MARK CHMURA, YOU'VE JUST BEEN ACQUITTED OF ASSAULTING A
TEENAGER! WHERE ARE YOU HEADED NOW?" One day after being
acquitted of sexually assaulting a teen-ager, former Green
Bay Packer tight end Mark "Chewy" Chmura broke down in tears
as he apologized for his conduct and wished to resume his
NFL career. Chmura said he would celebrate his acquittal by
going to Disney World before attempting to resume his pro
career...

... Great - head right to a place with a lot of teenage
girls...

For the entire Offensive Line:
http://www.sportshollywood.com/shnews.html

Joel Blankenship, head football coach at Detroit
Murray-Wright High School, faces a police investigation into
charges he used a twenty-six-inch long wooden paddle to
strike players who got poor grades or broke other school
rules.  One fifteen-year-old freshman claims he received ten
blows with the paddle, and that Blankenship struck him so
hard the paddle cracked...

... Now there's a man headed for the XFL... He can spank the
cheerleaders...

YOU'RE OUT:
"He called me a 'rapist' and a 'recluse'. I'm not a recluse."
- Mike Tyson, on writer Wallace Matthews

The Dumbest Sports Quotes of All Time:
http://www.sportshollywood.com/dumbquotes.html

EDITORS NOTE: I meant to thank you guys for passing the
SportsHollywood newsletter along, the membership is going
nuts. We're being mentioned on sports newscasts and getting
tons of free press over this goofy party at Sundance. Lots
of embarrassing stuff there. I'm so ashamed.... not --
Rodney Lee

<<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>> <<<>>>
* To remove yourself from this mailing list, point your browser to:
http://inbound.postmastergeneral.com/remove?OnTap:13
* Enter your email address (cypherpunks at toad.com) in the field
provided and click "Unsubscribe". The mailing list ID is "OnTap:13".

OR...

* Forward a copy of this message to OnTap.13 at lists.postmastergeneral.com
with the word remove in the subject line.
<mailto:OnTap.13 at lists.postmastergeneral.com?subject=remove>

This message was sent to address cypherpunks at toad.com