IW: Tools Stunt DoS Attacks

Adam Back adam at cypherpunks.ai
Wed Feb 7 10:29:56 PST 2001

So this is the kind of thing I was talking about -- it just moves
things to the next obvious escalation from which there is no
obvious way to go further down this dead end route of trace,
block, track down and prosecute, etc.

So what if you couldn't send a packet without revealing a
source address.  There are numerous ways to reveal someone
else's source address, which is a real source address, just
not yours.

I'm not even sure it's a step forward to paint yourself
into a corner where there is no way to fix the induced
escalation of attack sophistication.

Adam