ha ha

Alan Olsen alan at clueserver.org
Wed Feb 7 13:31:29 PST 2001

On Tue, 6 Feb 2001, Anonymous wrote:

> How stupid is this ha ha sender really?
> Does he not understand that everyone by now know he sends a virus file out?

Probably alot less stupid than you.

Let me explain it to you again, using small words so you can understand.

It is from different people whos systems are infected by a virus.

The virus forges the From: e-mail address.

These people are using an e-mail client that is vulnerable executing
attached executables (like Outlook 2000 with preview mode) or have clicked
on the attachment and have infected themselves with the virus.

The infected people have a cypherpunks address(es) in their address book.

The virus sends to everyone on the address book.

Thetoad.com address is depreciated.

Understand now?

I didn't think so...

alan at ctrl-alt-del.com | Note to AOL users: for a quick shortcut to reply
Alan Olsen            | to my mail, just hit the ctrl, alt and del keys.
    "In the future, everything will have its 15 minutes of blame."