About IBM's new USBKey

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Mon Feb 5 18:45:02 PST 2001

Hi,

It seems to me that with 8M you could keep your kernel, your encryption
keys, your encryption engine, along with  filesystem hashes on it. If they
could get this up to 16M+ you could probably put a bootable image on it,
make the system come up much quicker.

Now if it only had a pull-tab ala Dune...maybe we'll get lucky and the
battery will be accessible.

           Before a larger group can see the virtue of an idea, a
           smaller group must first understand it.

                                           "Stranger Suns"
                                           George Zebrowski

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com