Confirmation Receipt

Abuse at Microsoft abuse at microsoft.com
Mon Feb 5 13:11:34 PST 2001

Thank you for contacting Microsoft. We are currently experiencing an
unexpected increase in customer email requests. We will be responding to
your issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, please try the
suggestions below. If these suggestions resolve your issue, please
respond and let us know.

For Technical Support Issues:

· You can contact our telephone support services by calling the numbers
listed at http://support.microsoft.com/directory/directory/phonepers.asp
Phone support is available Monday through Friday, 5am to 9pm PST and
Saturday, 9am to 3pm PST.
· Outside of these hours, you can contact our Pay Per Incident support
line at 800-936-5700. Pay Per Incident support is available 24 hours a
day and the fee for most consumer products is $35 per incident.
· You can submit your incident through the automated form on our Web
site at http://support.microsoft.com/support/webresponse.asp
· If you are using a Developer application such as Visual Basic, call
800-936-5800 or visit http://support.microsoft.com/servicedesks/msdn/
· If you are using Windows 2000, NT Workstation, or one of our Server
products, call 800-936-5900 or
http://technet.microsoft.com/reg/support/incident.htm
· If your software came preinstalled on your computer at the time of
purchase, contact your hardware manufacturer for assistance. The
telephone numbers for the most common hardware manufacturers are
available at
http://support.microsoft.com/directory/worldwide/en-us/oemdirectory.asp
· If you are located outside of the United States or Canada, or if you
purchased your software outside of the United States or Canada, visit
http://www.microsoft.com/worldwide/ to locate the telephone number for
your local Microsoft subsidiary.

Microsoft Network (MSN):

· If you have billing questions about your MSN account, please call
800-386-5550.
· If you have technical support questions about your MSN account, please
call 877-635-7019 or visit them on the Web at
http://supportservices.msn.com/us/help.asp
· If you have questions concerning your Hotmail account, please e-mail
support at hotmail.com for a list of resources.

For issues with Microsoft Web Sites:

For information on the site issues experienced on January 23-25, 2001,
visit http://www.microsoft.com/info/siteaccess.htm

Product Pre-Sales Requests:

If you have questions about the capabilities, pricing, or system
requirements for any Microsoft software, contact our Sales Team at
800-426-9400, Monday through Friday, 6am to 5:30 pm. PST.

Order Desk/Product Replacements:

If you need to order replacement disks and manuals, service releases, or
check on the status of an order contact our Order Desk at 800-360-756,
Monday through Friday, 5am to 7pm PST.

Adding supplements to cases beginning with SRZ:

You may submit updates to your SRZ cases directly.

  1. Go to http://support.microsoft.com/support/webresponse_nc.asp
  and select the type of support you used to submit this issue.
  2. Highlight your case in the list. At the bottom of the page,
  click Create Supplement.

Downloads:

· To find out about available drivers, go to
http://support.microsoft.com/support/windows/drivers.asp
 Or you can also:
  1. Go to the Windows Update site at http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com
  2. Click Product Updates and then click device drivers. This page has
  downloadable patches for Internet Explorer, Outlook Express, and other
  Windows components.

· For all other service packs, patches, or product specific updates, go
to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/search.asp

Installation Keys:

If you need either a CD Key or Product Key to install your Microsoft
software, please follow the steps above for a second request and provide
the following information.

  · Full Name:
  · Telephone number:
  · Product:
  · Part number:
  · Is your software a full version or an upgrade?
  · How many digits is the program requesting? (10, 11, 25?)
  · If your product was preinstalled on your computer, include the name
of your computer manufacturer.

This form response is a temporary measure to provide a more timely
response to your request. Microsoft appreciates your patience and would
like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business.