War On Drugs Targets Tech

Ray Dillinger bear at sonic.net
Sat Feb 3 19:01:11 PST 2001

Drugs will never be legalized in the United States.  We've been
focusing on legislators, but the problem is even more basic than
that: The Mafiosi and the gangsters won't allow it.

They can't make the kind of profit margins they're accustomed to
when legal suppliers can produce coke for $6 an ounce or Marijuana
for $1.50 a 40-pound bale.

So look for major contributions to the campaign funds of drug
warriors if it ever looks like their cash cow is in danger.

Note:  This assumes that gangsters are not stupid - which is
definitely *NOT* in evidence, so I could be wrong about this;
but it is certainly true that life would suck for them if drugs
were legalized.

				Bear