You're nominated for an award (Privacy)

Matthew Gaylor freematt at coil.com
Sat Feb 3 11:24:06 PST 2001

Dear Chief Miller <jmiller at hoa.net>,

I wanted you to be among the first to hear that I've nominated your
Department, Reynoldsburg, Ohio, Police http://www.hoa.net/reypd/ for
Lewis Koch's "First Annual George Orwell 1984 Award".  The prize, a
1949 first-edition copy of Orwell's 1984, worth about $100, will be
awarded to the reader who supplies the best tip about an  egregious
assault on personal privacy. The judges will be yours truly, plus
Richard M. Smith and other officers of the Privacy Foundation. E-mail
all suggestions to lzkoch at mediaone.net. All tips will be held in
strictest confidence, so the award might well go to "anonymous." All
suggestions will be fully investigated and thoroughly checked.

You're being nominated for your approval of placing hidden police
surveillance cameras in a Reyoldsburg High School student restroom.

In addition I especially found your encouragement to sign your
Departmental web site guestbook enlightening:
"If you don't sign our Guest Book, we're gonna send the CyberPatrol
out after ya!"

I hope you win.

Regards,  Matthew Gaylor-