Realtime facial recognition cameras used at Super Bowl

Richard Lyons richard at the-place.net
Fri Feb 2 01:06:20 PST 2001

I'm new to this list, so hello everyone.  I'm also on the other side of
the pond, so I'm interested in what you are recounting.  Here, in the UK,
stalking is illegal, so is recording phone conversations covertly.  But
the police are installing a network of CCTV -- not the general
surveillance cameras in town centres which everyone loves, but a new set
of low-level cameras that are directed into the windscreens of vehicles
passing.  So they can track exactly who goes where when.  I'm not sure
what intelligence they have installed (so far).  In fact, I am not sure
of anything about them, because they have never been mentioned in the
media, and most people I've talked to haven't even noticed they are
there!

I'm wondering whether to try marketing driving masks...  And whether, if
I did, they would be outlawed (on grounds that they reduce driver vision
and cause danger, of course).

richard

On 02-02-01, 01:21:54, Adam Shostack <adam at homeport.org> wrote regarding
Re: Realtime facial recognition cameras used at Super Bowl:

<http://www.law.about.com/newsissues/law/library/docs/n98voyeurlaws.htm>