End-to-end encrypting US GSM phones?

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sun Dec 30 14:32:50 PST 2001

At 09:19 PM 12/30/2001 +0100, you wrote:
>On Sat, 29 Dec 2001, Ryan Lackey wrote:
>
> > I'm unclear why Lucky dislikes the Sectra Tiger (www.sectra.se); the
> > key management is not what I'd like, but seems designed specifically
> > for hierarchical military or corporate organizations, which is the only
> viable
> > market for a EUR 2500 encrypting cellphone.
>
>The reason why I have little faith in the Sectra Tiger is because I talked
>with one of Sectra's head cryptographers. Below is a brief recap of the
>conversation:

<recap with clueless crypto engineer deleted>

OK, so why don't we pool our funds to encourage the reverse engineering and
release of source code to a popular PCS/GSM phone which can be readily
re-flashed and with sufficient resources (or easily augmented) to handle
this app? I'll donate $100 e-gold to get the fund going.  I'll establish a
publicly viewable e-gold account to hold other contributions.  The account
access key can be secret shared among a few fellow CPs.

steve