cell phone guns

david david at morningwood.net
Sat Dec 29 18:26:33 PST 2001

On Saturday 29 December 2001 05:00 pm, Faustine wrote:

> Hm, whatever works, I guess. Sheer stealth isn't as much a factor for me as
> is accuracy, reliability and being able to avoid the "woman with a
> peashooter" image. All rhetoric aside (but with all that in mind) I've
> actually been thinking of getting a 9mm, something along the lines of a
> Glock 26, a Kahr P9 or maybe a Sig-Sauer P239. Any thoughts?

I have a Glock M17 and M21.  They are both extremely accurate and reliable.
Glocks are serious gun fighter's weapons because they have no extra bells and
whistles like external safeties and hammer decockers. They also don't have
different trigger pulls between the first shot and the following shots.  When
I attended Front Sight half the instructors carried Glock M21s and the other
half carried M1911 clones.

Because they have no thumb safety, Glocks need to be carried in holster that
covers the tigger (of course that is best for all other makes also).  I
comfortably carry  my M21 all day long in an inside the pants holster on my
strong side hip.  With this carry I have never been asked to display my CHL.
When George W. was governor I interviewed him at an event in a park, and none
of the 30 or 40 cops or 10 or 12 body guards spotted it.

I suggest that you consider a .40 instead of a 9mm.  You should always carry
the largest gun in the in the biggest caliber you can control and conceal.
The bigger the gun the easier and faster it is to shoot accurately.  The
bigger the caliber the more stopping power.  The reason the US military
switched to .45 caliber handguns is becuause .38 caliber handguns were so
ineffective against the Moros in the Phillipines.  Since 9mm is .36 caliber,
the military has basicially returned to a caliber proven to be not up to the
task.  Glock offers .40 in each of the frame sizes it offers 9mm in.

That being said, a .22 in your pocket beats a .45 you left at home any day.
I carry a North American Arms five shot mini revolver in my front pocket.
These little guns are not much bigger than a pocket knife.  They are
inexpensive yet they are extremely well made and come with a life time
warranty.   They are fun to shoot and I have fired several thousand rounds
through mine.  It takes a lot of practice to hit a soda can six feet away but
it would be a whole lot better than nothing at point blank range.

David Neilson