Afghans Demand End to Bombing

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Sat Dec 29 16:26:43 PST 2001

    --

On 28 Dec 2001, at 23:16, Jon Beets wrote:
> Can you show a reference to this?  Everything I read today
> said tribal leaders from the Paktia province were wanting
> the bombing to stop... I read nothing about the interim
> government stating it...

I noticed that the people complaining about the bombing wore
black turbans and long beards.  There are a lot of folk in
Afghanistan who are apt to call in airstrikes whenever they
see a bunch of people with black turbans and long beards.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     XXcyiAo/jcwuO7yAcbK8O4zdfMiGmmcIBVNhXw+e
     4mG+jQpGJvQO9nIrFI5TSbqd5M5bsa8Cb5IaBAPVv