NTBugtraq author says virus authors "terrorists"

Anonymous nobody at mix.winterorbit.com
Fri Dec 28 18:45:04 PST 2001

"We need to do this, if for no other reason than to show it's possible (to track virus writers)," Russ Cooper,
editor of security news list NTBugtraq, said.

Forget that it may be problematic to extradite the individual, or that they may be young, or claim to be
doing 'research.' We need to catch them, and place them in a position whereby they are seen for what
they are -- a terrorist," Cooper said. "The cost to our businesses, not to mention our way of life, is simply
too high to not pursue these individuals."

http://wired.com/news/politics/0,1283,49313-2,00.html