Because it's a Lie

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sat Dec 29 00:36:25 PST 2001

Because it's a Lie
http://annoy.com/covers/doc.html?DocumentID=100027

Sung to the tune of 'Because I Got High' by Afroman

Osama bin Laden's friends dropped by to say hi
By taking a few little airplanes outa the sky
(La da da da da da)
They totaled the twin towers and I don't know why
- Saw people die [repeat 3X]

George W. Bush spent the day in the sky
Nowhere in sight, you coulda searched low and high
(La da da da da da)
Karl Rove covered the coward's tracks by telling a lie
- Fucking nice try [repeat 3X]

Condoleeza called the press, a tear in her eye
Bin Laden is sending secrets on video she said with a sigh
(La da da da da da)
Don't bother with the truth when it's surely better to lie
- Don't ask why [repeat 3X]

The networks never stopped to really ask why
They wanted blood - to make sure Afghanis would fry
(La da da da da da)
Now they find themselves gorging on humble pie
- Selling a lie [repeat 3X]

The President could no longer stand it, wanted to cry
Congressmen were leaking and even though his ratings were high
(La da da da da da)
Ari Fleischer warned the media to watch it or bullets would fly
- Don't even try [repeat 3X]
Rumsfeld was overseas selling pie in the sky
Back in the homeland Tommy Thompson didn't know why
(La da da da da da)
Anthrax was sorted while congress homeward did fly
- Letting them die [repeat 3X]
Attorney General Ashcroft ever cunning and sly
After losing elections to opponents who die
(La da da da da da)
Wants to eavesdrop, snoop and detain and lie
- Fuck off and die [repeat 3X]
Bush signed his name to it and then he got high
Cheney photographed while congress idly stood by
(La da da da da da)
The next election we shall bid all of them bye
- Eye for an eye [repeat 3X]
Confusion everywhere you look as accusations fly
Tom Ridge finally hired but he doesn't know why
(La da da da da da)
It's amusing just sitting watching him try
Reign in the FBI [repeat 3X]
September 11 saw towers rising up high
Attacked from jet planes hijacked out of the sky
(La da da da da da)
October twenty six a date forever we'll cry
- Because it's a Lie [repeat 3X]