APster lead poisoning; law west of the Pecos.

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Thu Dec 27 07:30:37 PST 2001

APster as justice by consensus and libertarian Laura Norda.(DF stands for
dangerous fiend and david Friedman)

 >>DF also gives the example of Saga period Iceland (going back 1000 years
or more) as a model for government and law enforcement today. This is
ludicrous. There are more recent (and close to home) examples of societies
in the history of the American West that had no government expenditure on
law enforcement, with high levels of rights and property rights protection.
However, the vigilante justice of the period did not follow due process and
was extremely harsh (immediate death upon apprehension for alleged theft).
Few people would trade our expensive modern criminal justice system for the
fiscally cheap vigilante justice systems of the pre-government American west<<
 From http://world.std.com/~mhuben/andreas.html
Unless they have no choice? The pieces are falling into place.The price of
liberty is eternal vigilantism.

 >>Ironically, DF says he would accept (as a compromise) a tax on
unproduced resources like land. Until now he has been arguing that taxation
equals theft and that the government does not have the right to tax. Now he
is willing to accept billions of dollars of property tax. What happened to
the righteous indignation against government and taxation? If DF really
believes taxation is the moral equivalent of violent theft via men with
guns, then no amount would be OK. How is it possible for a libertarian to
morally justify accepting this theft but not others? <<
Declan was on here recently bleating about this,maybe he,or davy's
mate,Timmy can help us out here?They have exhibited the morality of a
shithouse rat so far.

 >>It is also ironic that DF chooses to live in a city and a state with
relatively high property tax, sales tax, income tax and extensive local
government services and regulations. If he were really convinced that
taxation is the moral equivalent of violent theft via men with guns, then
why doesn't he take some very simple precautionary steps to avoid it and
move to a city and state with less taxes and regulation? <<
Movin' to Montana soon? Tammy lives in Cali too,shurley some mishtake!
(Anarchy week in SF is huge.Real Anarchy.)

 >>mhuben,fucking stateist.>>Communism under Stalin was inefficient for
most of the USSR, but it worked fabulously for Stalin, so it was already
pareto efficient. To recommend that they should have adopted
Libertarianism, you need more than economics. You need a moral philosophy
that justifies redistributing property and rights from Stalin to the people
of the USSR. <<
Umm,thats easy,anarchism.If huben says a representative democratic
state,Ill APster the SOB.ASAP.Tim and davy friedfish's silence is
deafening.(unless you count timmies quoting Pravda:The tim may-bill white
pact.)

 >>. Libertarians have a hard time defining "initiation of force" which
they consider unjust, and separating it from justified force. I personally
think a superior moral philosophy would attempt to minimize total force
over the long term rather than try to determine who initiated force and put
the total blame on them. Does anyone really care who *initiated* WW1? This
libertarian preoccupation with the initiation of force is similar to the
moral philosophy of fighting children who always yell, "He started it" at
the other kid. <<
I hope this helps one answer to my "hilary health" post.APster should
minimize total force quite nicely.We should all be out there selling it
like soupy sales.(psst kids,take some money from moms purse or dads wallet
and send it to...)