P2P Stego Treasure Hunt

AARG! Anonymous remailer at aarg.net
Thu Dec 27 08:45:54 PST 2001

We've put into Morpheus a song,
"Grayson_Shoot_The_Piano_Player.mp3"
which has a stego'd message in it.
The tool is mp3stego v 1.1.15
(source available; see
<http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~fapp2/steganography/mp3stego/>
) and the (3DES) passphrase is "writecode"

Another file "DrDidg_RaveOn.mp3" has
another message under the same passphrase.

We are curious how readily the Morpheus search
engine can be used for transport purposes.  In
this instance we give unique names to files not
otherwise found in the system.  Another experiment
in P2P percolation would be to add similar
'watermarks' (microdots) to files which are
abundantly replicated.

(Stego Reminder/Caveat: use *original* content for true stealth
else presence of watermark is detected with diff on clean rip)