Illusional delusions

Anonymous nobody at remailer.privacy.at
Tue Dec 25 15:14:02 PST 2001

>> cash is not a solution, since it is observable. Anything observable is
>> not a solution.
>
>Therefore murder, if not witnessed, never happened.  If a body falls in the
>forest...?

You have a problem with simple sentences. Also, when you want to switch
the arguments you must do it in more intelligent and coherent way.

Payments should happen. The solution is to make them invisible.

But let me do it in simpler terms:

I owe Mr. Melon 100 credits, which is well-established and provable (to
me and him) in our private currency. Mr. Melon owns Mr. Nomen 50
credits. It is very easy to transfer my debt and then I can perform some
task for Mr. Nomen worth 50 credits. This happens often in real life.
It's called barter and it is taxable, if it can be proved. Never
converting anything to paper/book dollars makes it extremely hard to
prove. People do favours to each other essentially on the same bases,
sans bookkeeping or crypto. Once I did some programming for the guy and
instead of paying me he gave his $2000 WW1 rifle to the mutual friend
who wanted it and he took it towards commission on a real-estate
transaction he did for me. This is a rare. Software could make it more
convenient. Just peg a credit to a dollar for the start.

>The fact that party X commits a crime without being witnessed does not
>eliminate the crime.  It merely makes prosecution a bit harder.

That is the whole point of crypto. Once I declare your breathing to be a
crime (and I have a bigger gun than you do) you better conceal it.

>to.  Remember that multiple-issuer currencies have been tried before in just

I am talking about single-issuer currency.

>> whose reputation you can't instrument. But someone can start a business
>> for reputation building. Again, hardly new.
>
>Not new?  Name 5 prominent reputation brokers.  Reputation services?
>Reputation clearing agents?  What manner of reputation do they measure?

High-interest credit cards or store credit-cards (same as high-interest
since they limit you to a single source) that young people or people
with no credit can get, for instance ?

Mortgage insurance for those with low down-payment ?

Maybe Mr. Anonymous who frequents South Africa will mediate transactions
between canadians and south africans, since he knows both sides, for a
fee ?

High-priced shysters introducing their clients to each other ?

>> some fine Afghan pot is a small price to pay for getting out of the
>> state's sight.
>
>You want work too hard to stay out of the state's sight.

Of course. I never buy controlled substances from dealers, for instance.
Always from end-users I knew for years.

>(Incidentally, it's "Illusory Delusions."  "Ilusional" isn't a word. It's

You are just plain stupid, aren't you ? It takes some intelligence to do
ad hominems, you know. I sometimes make this mistake, taking plain idiocy
for misinformed insight worth arguing.

Go to a bookstore, there is a shelve labeled "Reference", take a book
called "Dictionary" and look up Illusion (two "l"s, not one):

Main Entry: il7lu7sion
Pronunciation: i-'l|-zh&n
Function: noun
Etymology: Middle English, from Middle French, from Late Latin
illusion-, illusio, from
Latin, action of mocking, from illudere to mock at, from in- + ludere to
play, mock --
more at LUDICROUS
Date: 14th century

1 a obsolete : the action of deceiving b (1) : the state or fact of
being intellectually
deceived or misled : MISAPPREHENSION (2) : an instance of such deception

2 a (1) : a misleading image presented to the vision (2) : something
that deceives or
misleads intellectually b (1) : perception of something objectively
existing in such a way as to cause misinterpretation of its actual
nature (2) : HALLUCINATION 1 (3) : a pattern capable of reversible
perspective

3 : a fine plain transparent bobbinet or tulle usually made of silk and used for veils,
trimmings, and dresses

- il7lu7sion7al  /-'l|zh-n&l, -'l|-zh&-n&l/ adjective