Big Bang Thought Experiment

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Tue Dec 25 13:50:53 PST 2001

Many posts have talked about a both a 'fixed level' of money, and a
commission.  I find this odd, especially as there will be no way to
add funds to the system.  If you have a commission on every exchange,
the money essentially deflates (there will be less of it tomorow than
there is today, making it more scarce, and thus more valuable.)  Thus it makes
sense to hold onto it, making it illiquid, which is a bad thing for a
currency.  Since this is magic money, why not issue more of it now and
again?

Adam

					               -Hume