Liability, economic realities and self delusion in ecash developers. Or: Why not "just write ecash" (again).

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Mon Dec 24 20:03:32 PST 2001

    --
On 23 Dec 2001, at 21:39, Black Unicorn wrote:
> While this might not directly impact the person running or
> developing the system it certain serves to discourage users
> of the system after a single allegation has been made.
> Customer flight would be awfully dramatic I suspect.

You are as usual full of shit.

If this was so, ever banking haven, e-gold, and the rest,
would be out of business.

You have remarkable confidence not only in the effectiveness
of laws to deter those things they directly prohibit, but
even those things that are sort of vaguely like those things
they directly prohibit "Mr Happy Fun court will not be
amused"

Every business continually commits numerous major illegal
acts, and every day must do innumerable acts that would
doubtless fail to amuse Mr Happy fun court.  So much is
illegal that legislation has little effect even on those
things the legislation directly prohibits.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     RCj1DCzyAm8eidKtmn0RmSg1ebiKI6xeOOtvT5bR
     4c+XBSZ+Aswf6s7TUkkppDwFOhFFZSclReM4DxJK8