AP Al quim

Jim Choate ravage at einstein.ssz.com
Wed Dec 19 19:23:37 PST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, Matt Beland wrote:

> Capitalism is a meritocracy. *Commerce* is simply a label for that class
> of activities that include all forms of resource transfer from one
> entity (person, company, nation, world) to another. Some of those are
> meritocracies, such as capitalism. Others are not - true communism is
> one example, almost any form of "planned economy", welfare.

Communism can't be a form of Capitalism. In fact they are the anti-thesis.

Actually capitalism is the belief that it's the ONLY mechanism to solve
problems.

That IS the problem, that is also the difference between 'commerce' and
'capitalism'.

In commerce, trade is the means that people use to protect themselves and
provide for themselves. Capitalism is the use of money to manage the
society. Not the same thing at all. 'commerce' is a means, 'capitalism' is
an end.

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com