MS DRM OS Begets SSSCA

mattd mattd at useoz.com
Wed Dec 19 00:27:04 PST 2001

jya>>I think Mike is trying to describe the worst case scenario to arouse
opposition. Bear in mind that the Content Faction (and maybe the Tech
Faction) want to control the world, not just the US. All countries are
targets for SSSCA and DMCA through copyright treaties and other control
regimes.<<

Like the WTO and NWO? Fingerprint the planet,pascal? Man the barricades!
BYO gasmask and molotovs.

 >>Just a few days ago the last country needed to enforce the WIPO
Copyright Treaty signed on. WIPO is the global version of DMCA. And the
Hague Convention is meeting shortly to set up the legal framework to
enforce the various global treaties on protecting intellectual property.
Sure, there will continue to be gray and black markets in software but
criminalization of circumvention devices will put some youngsters (and
oldsters) in jail, as we see looming from the recent warez raids.<<

I suspect they were a warmup for the big palmer raids looming for all
anarchists,especially crypto-anarchists.AP NOW!

 >>The MPAA and co-conspirators are dirty fighters and nobody should expect
to merely ignore them, thinking that loosening of crypto controls is a
model. They know that precedent and are determined to do what governments
could not. <<

Well the anarcho-capitalists here say,thats OK,as long as its not the
STATE! Hey dont arrest me,Im a capitalist!

 >>Question is, as ever, what about the programmers within the factions who
are needed to carry out the wishes of the bosses. In this, crypto could be
a bellweather, for showing how the technicians learned to outwit the
others. But are technical folks more susceptible these days to bribery of
swell life styles than the crypto-rebels were? Or better, are there
well-endowed, smarter than most, Factioners who do not want to be part of
hegemonic putridity?<<

Dont form a union,timmy doesnt like unions,dont go outside,thats
undignified.stay home rub oil on your gunbarrel and whinge.All traitors
should be shot.

 >>We'll see what the Factions offer the liberators to keep
them hard at work, happy to be protected intellectual property
slaves. None of whom would waste a second here
except to pick up intelligence for blowing upholes.

Indeed.The cypherpunks may be like the blacks in the war of independence
were.FREEDOM!