Speech May Not Be Free, but It's Refundable

Jim Choate ravage at ssz.com
Tue Dec 18 20:29:53 PST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Joseph Ashwood wrote:

> Actually that's not true. Take for example the nearly nationwide ban on
> committing suicide.

There is a difference between stating the basic principle and stating that
the principle is acted upon. Were the principle acted upon we wouldn't be
having these discussions in the first place.

We ALMOST ALL agree that the principles are not being followed. That in no
way detracts from the principles (eg very few follow the CACL philosophy
therefore it must not be 'true').

             Day by day the Penguins are making me lose my mind.

                                             Bumper Sticker

       Austin, Tx               /:'///// ``::>/|/      ravage at ssz.com