CIA in NYC

Gil Hamilton gil_hamilton at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 18 21:18:58 PST 2001

Peter Trei writes:
> > Young[SMTP:jya at pipeline.com]

> > Now whether bin Laden, or whoever planned the attack,
> > knew of this, or suspected it, could enrich the speculation
> > about why the towers were targeted.

>Remember to apply Occam's razor occasionally. The WTC
>towers were one of the best known landmarks around the world, were filled
>with people, stood well clear of the surrounding buildings, and symbolized
>the globalization/
>Americanization of the world UBL hates.
>
>The WTC towers were (from UBLs presumed viewpoint)
>about the best US targets he could have picked, simply from
>a PR, ideology, and practicality standpoint. The presence of a CIA office
>in a neighbouring building was not required to make the WTC towers target
>#1.

Brings to mind something my 10-year old pointed out to me soon after
9/11.  He likes to play computer war games in the Command and Conquer
/ Red Alert series.  Apparently, when you're playing the bad guys
in one of the games and attacking the US, one of your first
assignments is to wipe out the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.

Wonder if UBL is getting royalties from the game manufacturer?

- GH