Poor little child pornographer

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Tue Dec 18 02:11:34 PST 2001

Sadly, the guilty plea says nothing about probable guilt. I don't blame
you for thinking so, but I know that many people - some of them known to
me personally - have been induced by their own attorneys to plead guilty
to a bogus sex crime in a plea-bargain rather than face the instant
prejudice of a jury and the anti-accused bias of the legal system
whenever a sex crime is charged.

When children are alleged to be involved that goes double. Add general
public ignorance of matters relating to electronic media and you have a
perfect setting for a prosecutor and judge to bring in any verdict they
like. Many are cutting their losses by pleading guilty to a lesser
offense than that originally charged, despite the fact that they will be
branded for life, rather than risk an even larger sentence in a "worse"
facility or one in which they won't be guaranteed protected or solitary
confinement.

It is incredible. It is disgusting. It is also true.

Marc de Piolenc
Iligan, Philippines