MY APPOLOGIES TO ALL CYPHERPUNKS - WAS Re: Returned mail:

Eric Murray ericm at lne.com
Tue Dec 18 07:53:37 PST 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 09:04:46AM -0500, baptista at pccf.net wrote:
> All nite long i've been spammed by the account asoiau1632 at yahoo.com.  I'm
> sure we've all seen the numerous messages on here.
>
> Anyway - my autoresponder has been responding to these messages and as a
> result a number of bounced email ended up redirected to the
> cypherpunks lists.

Actually, I only got the originals.  It looks like the mail kept going
through the CDR nodes because one of them was re-sending it.
Its hard to tell from the headers, but I think it's minder.net.

If your autobounce was just feeding back the message that you receive
with no changes (error headers, etc) to minder then you might have been
the cause.  Otherwise, there's some other problem.
(if you didn't see it because you're subscribed to a filtering CDR
that filtered them, it was about 400 copies of spam).

Either way, you shouldnt set up an autobounce that can reply to a list.
Please fix it so it won't do that.

Eric