Paper tigers

osama_ben-laden at hushmail.com osama_ben-laden at hushmail.com
Sun Dec 16 20:09:43 PST 2001

On Tue,  9 Oct 2001 05:30:09 +0000, osama_ben-laden at hushmail.com wrote:
>It will be revealed that he who used biologicals to attack the press was not acting in our name.  These will not be the pages upon which we will write death. We have other messengers and our tidings will soon be delivered.
>
>Grace and gratitude to God.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A49502-2001Dec15.html

   Capitol Hill Anthrax Matches Army's Stocks
   5 Labs Can Trace Spores to Ft. Detrick

   By Rick Weiss and Susan Schmidt
   Washington Post Staff Writers
   Sunday, December 16, 2001; Page A01

   Genetic fingerprinting studies indicate that the anthrax spores mailed
   to Capitol Hill are identical to stocks of the deadly bacteria
   maintained by the U.S. Army since 1980, according to scientists
   familiar with the most recent tests.

   Although many laboratories possess the Ames strain of anthrax involved
   in this fall's bioterrorist attacks, only five laboratories so far
   have been found to have spores with perfect genetic matches to those
   in the Senate letters, the scientists said. And all those labs can
   trace back their samples to a single U.S. military source: the U.S.
   Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Disease (USAMRIID) at
   Fort Detrick, Md.

   "That means the original source [of the terrorist material] had to
   have been USAMRIID," said one of the scientists.