CNN.com on Remailers

Eugene Leitl Eugene.Leitl at lrz.uni-muenchen.de
Sun Dec 16 03:22:46 PST 2001

On Sat, 15 Dec 2001, Steve Schear wrote:

> During your "rant" on re-mailers I mentioned the desirability of using
> popular P2P services in conjunction with remailers, possibly as middleman
> nodes.  Len pointed out the problems with re-mailer system stability if P2P
> clients were used as they come and go.  During the break there was a short

P2P nodes are ephemeral, the content is not. A short message hop from node
to node is in the second range. Assuming the message doesn't sit on the
node too long (running danger of it being pulled) and there are multiple
redundant messages in transit (you wanted more idle traffic? here's is
your idle traffic) the probability of delivery should be higher than the
current remailers'.

> discussion of using the P2P clients to generate cover traffic on
> remailers.  This should be simple and involve no risk to those running the
> clients.

Ask Google for XML-RPC and Freenet and/or Mojo Nation.