CNN.com on Remailers

Steve Schear schear at lvcm.com
Sat Dec 15 23:03:33 PST 2001

At 10:39 PM 12/11/2001 -0800, Tim May wrote:
>On Tuesday, December 11, 2001, at 10:07 PM, Meyer Wolfsheim wrote:
>
>As we (again) discussed at this past Saturday's physical meeting, in Santa
>Cruz, a sparse set of users and messages is almost a toy system. Remailer
>traffic needs to go up by a large factor, whether actual messages or dummy
>messages. Remailers need to be more robust (uptime, strong policies)  and
>need to be incentivized (paid remailers, an old topic).

During your "rant" on re-mailers I mentioned the desirability of using
popular P2P services in conjunction with remailers, possibly as middleman
nodes.  Len pointed out the problems with re-mailer system stability if P2P
clients were used as they come and go.  During the break there was a short
discussion of using the P2P clients to generate cover traffic on
remailers.  This should be simple and involve no risk to those running the
clients.

steve