Who Am I Anyway?

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Fri Dec 14 02:27:04 PST 2001

Jim Choate wrote:

> On Fri, 14 Dec 2001, F. Marc de Piolenc wrote:
>
> > It is clear that whatever ID procedures were in effect, they were not
> > effective. Many enlistees lied about their ages and got away with it.
>
> I have zero problem with that assertion.
>
> However, lying about ones age and getting away with it is a far cry from
> not having any security/identity checks at all.

How do you figure? If I could lie about my age, seems to me I could lie
about just about anything else, with the possible exception of sex. If I
were going for a commission, or got roped into a high-security program
that required background investigation, then I would need better
backstopping than just a set of lies on an enlistment form, but as a
plain old grunt nobody need ever know my name was NOT Michael J.
McGillicuddy.

Marc de Piolenc