Professor Punished for Witty Remark

Eric Cordian emc at artifact.psychedelic.net
Thu Dec 13 17:11:49 PST 2001

Faustine wrote:

> Last year, Brookings had revenues of 29 million.
> The RAND Corporation had revenues of 157 million.

> One year, one hundred fifty seven million.

> Their grants and contracts for last year alone totaled 142.7
> million. Sort of adds a new dimension to the idea of being "giant" and
> "well-funded", doesn't it.

I think we're kind of missing the point here.  ACTA is well-funded for
being an annoying little pressure group that tries to increase the heat
around people who say things it doesn't approve of.

It's silly to compare its budget to Rand or SRI or the NSA.  And having
spent a million to try and redirect $29 billion in alumni donations makes
it a much bigger operation than the usual "Christians for Niceness" or
"Mothers Against Baby Exploitation" groups most of us are sick and tired
of hearing spew on news programs.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+