cryptographic fantasy (ca. "Stego, my ass" by WF Buckley)

F. Marc de Piolenc piolenc at mozcom.com
Wed Dec 12 21:22:47 PST 2001

Michael Motyka wrote:

> As far as his assertion about the popularity of UBL in the Philippines :
> sounds like a stretcher to me - Muslims are only strong in the extreme
> south e.g. Mindanao. Most of the population is pretty strict Catholic.
> There may be some resentment of the US but I think overall there is a
> hunger for all things US : education, media, goods, travel and trade.
>
> The older folks definitely still remember the Japanese.

You are correct. There is a small radical (mostly young) element that
thinks he's pretty neat, but they're a minority-in-a-minority. They're
likely to become even more of one soon, as many are allegedly
volunteering for service in Afghanistan aganist the Great Satan...

Marc de Piolenc
Iligan City, Philippines