CNN.com on Remailers

Anonymous nobody at remailer.privacy.at
Wed Dec 12 16:19:02 PST 2001

Meyer Wolfsheim writes:
> How much of an increase in dummy-messages could the remailer network
> withstand? I'm trying to think of interesting ways to create more
> widespread dummy traffic coming from many different origins, but that
> could get out of hand rather quickly.

Do you know how many messages are going through the remailer network
now?  How many do you think the average remailer processes in a day?

Now, how many do you think a remailer ought to be handling in order for
there to be enough traffic for people to feel safe?

Let's see some quantitative figures, both to show that you've done your
homework and to make clear what security assumptions you are making.