Axed Intel Man Loses E-Mail Case

Declan McCullagh declan at well.com
Wed Dec 12 07:43:51 PST 2001

Choate misunderstands journalism. When writing about an appeals court
decision, it's generally not appropriate to cite the ravings of Net.wackos
in an obscure newsgroup or mailing list a decade ago. Choate shows
again he's not merely a Net.wacko; he's a Net.loon.

Heck, I didn't even cite a Harvard Law Review article specifically
on this case -- wasn't necessary.

It may be that Choate has said spam is trespass. But I'm not sure why
anyone could care.

-Declan