UPI editor: dissent is like soviet propoganda

jamesd at echeque.com jamesd at echeque.com
Wed Dec 12 09:02:18 PST 2001

    --
On 12 Dec 2001, at 1:16, Declan McCullagh wrote:
> Of course there are other considerations in a settlement,
> such as avoiding bad publicity -- even if you think you
> might win a case by arguing you made a mistake but it was
> not malicious.

Just google through the Tailwind debate.  The CNN supporters
said that the tape contained clear admissions of war crimes,
which of course it did.  I just quoted one such seemingly
clear, unambiguous admission of enormous war crimes at the
start of this thread.

The interviewees denied saying what the tape showed them to
be saying.  Then, under great pressure, CNN released the
transcript.

 The CNN opponents pointed out that the transcript of  the
 material that was edited into the tape did not contain these
 admissions.

    --digsig
         James A. Donald
     vwLPU/rJyiCOkPVZmXdWV4gTv42cEm3WgHDYaeaG
     4w/137NdrfRTn1IAcef9FvJYsRFgjs++515BhAJ2d